Urgent Technical Issue 0800 25/7 - NOW FIXED
We had a problem at 0800 when we couldn't access our computers. This has now been fixed, please phone in as normal.
NEW WEBSITE, APPOINTMENT DIFFICULTIES AND ONLINE BOOKING
Current Contact Details
PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR CURRENT CONTACT DETAILS, PARTICULARLY CURRENT MOBILE PHONE NUMBER
Increasingly we are contacting you through your mobile phone number. We have also significantly increased the number of text messages we send to our patients in recent months. It is important that we have your current correct contact details. If you suspect that the number we may have is not correct please click the link below. Many of our younger adult patients ( those 16 years and over) may have the contact number for a parent or guardian in their record. You may wish to have this removed if you are a young adult, again please click the link below to have your details updated in your record with us.
To update your contact details, click here
Please hand form into the Surgery once completed or email to email@example.com.
CONTINUED REQUIREMENT FOR FACEMASKS TO ENTER COLINTON SURGERY (28/4/22)
Despite the cessation of mandatory face masks in public areas face masks are still required to attend healthcare buildings. This is because we are visited by many patients for whom covid 19 can still have a significant impact due to their clinical conditions. For the same reason we will continue to request a degree of social distancing in the waiting room until further notice.
WE ARE NO LONGER UNDERTAKING TRAVEL VACCINATIONS
As part of a redesign of General Practice to deal with the unprecedented current demand, all GP practices have now ceased undertaking travel vaccinations and associated travel services. If you require travel vaccinations it is suggested that you contact the specialist NHS Lothian travel service, for information click Here.
ONLINE PATIENT SERVICES
This system is quick and efficient and will allow you to order your Prescription. There will also be a service to allow you to book Face to Face GP appointments online.
- Patients will complete the registration form HERE (it may download at the bottom left of your screen) save the document to your desktop then attach it to an email and submit it to clinical.S70131@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
- Each applicant from a family will need their own personal email address. (because it gives access to a medical record shared email addresses are not acceptable). Children under 16 cannot use this system.
- A link key will be sent to your email address to allow you to set a password and access the system. You can manage and recall your password online.
- Once registered, you will be able to book from a selection of routine face to face 10 minute GP appointments online. (Unfortunately not nurse appointments as these require additional information at the time of booking). You will be able to see all your appointments (not just those booked online). Only single GP appointments can be booked - if you need a double appointment please phone the surgery to book your appointment.
- Once registered, you can view and reorder all your current repeat medications (the medicines that you order regularly that are shown on your repeat prescription reorder form). It will not show your acute medications (items that the doctor authorises for a short period or for single occasions) but you can request these via this new system. You can also view the status of any requests you have made.
TEXT MESSAGING SYSTEM
Using text messages to contact you is increasingly important and useful to the way in which we are now working. If you haven't yet signed up to our text messaging service and wish to do so, see Text Messaging under the appointments section of this website.