Dental Problems

For dental emergencies, such as acute dental pain, facial or oral swelling, trauma or bleeding from the mouth, call the dentist with whom you are registered. You should receive a recorded message advising you of the arrangements that have been made for emergency cover. If you have not registered with a dentist, please try to do so as soon as possible. Dentist’s can perform an appropriate assessment and advise on necessary intervention including use of any antibiotics.

For more information on how to find or access emergency dental care, click here.

Receiving NHS dental treatment in Scotland