TEXT MESSAGING SERVICE
Patients are encouraged to sign up for the text messaging service.
Ways to sign up:
1. email Maggie.Elliot@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk with subject heading "text consent" enclosing your name, date of birth and mobile number.
2. phone reception on 441 4555 and give verbal consent.
3. download this form (text message consent form 1217) and return to reception.
Reasons to sign up for this service include:
- to receive reminders for appointments that were booked longer than 24hrs ago. Patients will receive a text reminder for any appointment that has been arranged longer than 24hrs ago. (to cancel an appointment patients are still required to contact reception)
- enhanced management of certain medical conditions. If you have certain medical conditions (such as diabetes, hypertension, COPD) text messages may be sent to remind you when review appointments are due.
- a simple, unobtrusive and efficient way for the clinicians to make contact with you.
To receive text message from the Practice patients need to ‘opt in’. This is done by providing an up to date mobile phone number and written or verbal consent to reception.
If you are 16 or over please consider signing up.
Please note: Mobile phone numbers given must only relate to one patient. No text will be sent to children under 16 in case a parent’s mobile phone number has been given for that child.
It is extremely important to inform us of any change of mobile phone number or loss of phone so appointment details are not sent to an unauthorised person. Just contact Reception to inform us.